Monday, December 03, 2007

Catch it while you can, it's the feel good hit of the summer.

I like last.fm because I was looking through my charts of top weekly tracks the other night and it completely reminds me exactly of what I was doing, thinking, and feeling in those specific weeks. Just by what songs I was listening to.


February 26 - March 4
Dance Hall Drug (Boys Like Girls)
Haha, the week of my sixteenth birthday.
"Grown up she just turned sixteen. Stuck in a moment, dead at the scene, but it's on tonight. This is the life that you wanted, right?"
I'm not gonna lie. When I think of that week and that song I think of me straightening my hair and singing WAY too loudly to that song in my room.

March 5 - March 11
Hey There Delilah (Plain White T's)
This was right after I found out my dad would take me to New York City and I was so excited. This song all of a sudden found a lot of meaning for me and yeah looking back it's so cheesy. But I loved it. That was a really amazing week and a really horrible week at the same time.
I won't forget March 7th.
"A thousand miles seems pretty far. But they've got planes and trains and cars. I'd walk to you if I had no other way. Our friends would all make fun of us but we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way."

March 12 - March 18
The Town That You Live In (Sherwood)
I think of Monica. Because this is the first song I heard from Sherwood and I heard it from her. But I don't remember why I listened to it so much this week.

March 19 - March 25
The Curse of Curves (Cute is What We Aim For)
Oh my goodness. I remember when I realized how much I loved this song. I couldn't stop listening to it. I was so addicted. Like, my sister was yelling at me to turn it down and stop singing and stop dancing. I remember having it on on my iPod and dancing around the whole entire house just like getting the workout of the century.
Love this song to this day.

April 2 - April 8
Fall (Something Corporate)
The first time I remember really listening to this song was on the train to Portland on spring break, Easter weekend.
"I was so close, that was the most that I had ever been through, now old cassettes and cigarettes will be the ones to save you."
One of my favorite lines from this song and in general.

April 9 - April 15
Shoot Down the Stars (Gym Class Heroes)
I listened to this song the whole train ride home from Portland.
I fell head over heels inlove with it.
"We bring ourselves down and build ourselves up with disappointment."

April 16 - April 22
Nothing Left to Lose (Mat Kearney)
You don't like this song, but I do. I remember once we got in somewhat of a fight and I just felt like this song fit so perfectly for what I was going through. I don't remember if that was this week or another time, but that's what I think of when I hear this song.
"So I packed my car and I headed east where I felt your fire and a sweet release."

April 30 - May 6
Young At Heart (William Tell)
Another song I fell completely head over heels inlove with the first time I heard it. It's just so amazing, I love everything about it.
This was like the week after I got my license and I remember driving around for like an hour just kind of exploring places I had never gone before and listening to this song on repeat the whole time. I could probably still listen to this song on repeat for an hour.
"Mom said "You're a child of God," she said, "But Mom, I'm in such a hurry."
"Sold my heart for the perfect drug, it was the worst coming down from love."

May 14 - May 20
I Will Keep the Bad Things From You (The Damnwells)
Just a really sweet, amazing song that never gets old.
"I could take a plane right to you. If I could just stop running."
"Catch it while you can, it's the feel good hit of the summer."

May 21 - May 27
Lyrical Lies (Cute is What We Aim For)
Wow, I listened to that song way more than any other sing that week.
I honestly don't remember exactly why I was listening to it so much, but I remember it was another song that was on a mix in the car and I never wanted to skip over it when it came around. Love this song.
I remember feeling like we were really distant around this time.

May 28 - June 3
Slow Down (The Academy Is...)
This is an angry song for me. I love it so much. I think I was coping this week with reality and needed this song a little just to be a little pissed. Because I felt bad just being angry. So I did it through this song.
"Take back everything you ever said, you never meant a word of it, you never did."
"Hollywood hills and suburban thrills, hey you, who are you kidding? I'm not like them. I won't buy in."

June 4 - June 10
Misery Business (Paramore)
Riot! leaked.

June 11 - June 17
Last Straw (Jack's Mannequin)
This song is amazing. I was obsessed with it. Another repeat song. I love the youtube videos of it, with the piano in the beginning, it's just perfect. & that face that Andrew makes after "just dream." Perfection.
"I scratch these words into a black notebook. I wrote your name on top. I knew you'd never look."

June 18 - June 24
All of Riot! (Paramore)
The thing I remember from this week is Martin calling Monica.

June 25 - July 1
The Great Escape (Boys Like Girls)
This is the week that I found out that Monica was coming to Warped with me. It was unreal. So I think it is obvious why I listened to The Great Escape so much. Because it was really going to happen.
"We'll feel so alive."

July 2 - July 8
Summer of 98 (The Secret Handshake)
Ugh this is the week that I was at SSP. But I remember listening to this song as we were pulling out of the parking lot on the way home and just being so happy. It was summer, I was on my way home, Monica was coming, my Bank hoodie was going to be at home waiting for me, Boys Like Girls was in AP that I could get as soon as I got home, and just everything kind of felt like perfection.

July 9 - July 15
I'm Ready, I Am (The Format)
I remember listening to The Format when I helped Andrea move. & this song was on the mix in the car and I would listen to this song over and over again. Liv got sick of it, but who cares. When I think of this song I think of house sitting for Wendy. Driving up to their house to feed the dogs and cats. Playing their piano. Watering their plants. Wearing my brand new Bank hoodie even though it was way too hot out with a jean skirt, tank top, and flip flops. Having a fresh license. That's what I think of.
"I fooled the crowd when I made it sound like I was more than ready."
"I'm not bitter, no, it's just that I've passed that point in my life."

July 16 - July 22
Jasey Rae (All Time Low)
Everyone loves this song. You can't not.
"Don't make this easy, I want you to mean it."
"I was your chance to get out of this town but I ditched the car and left you to wait outside."
"I hope the air will serve to remind you that my heart is as cold as the clouds of your breath."

July 23 - July 29
Over My Head (The Fray)
Five words for you: On stage with my heroes.



I won't forget that moment, ever.

July 30 - August 5
Knights of the Island Counter (Dave Melillo)
Haha, we were getting really excited.

August 6 - August 12
Memory (Sugarcult)
I had always liked this song but all of a sudden I loved it. Haha I listened to like 5 different versions of it.
"Losing half a year waiting for you here."

August 20 - 26
Basically all The Rocket Summer.
You were gone and I was a mess.
"I sit in this house alone with fresh photographs. & I just can't relax. Like cigarette smoke, I'm starting to choke on this. That half of my soul is on the roat in a car with a girl in a dress."
"I am not into the idea of living without you."

August 27 - September 2
Jamie All Over (Mayday Parade)
I remember this week. I did some stupid things. I wished we could have just lived this song.
"I had a dream last night we, drove out to see Las Vegas. We lost ourselves in the bright lights. I wish you could have seen us. Begging for change to get home. Or rather San Francisco."
"Sunsets never were so bright. & the skies never so blue."

September 3 - September 9
Three Cheers for Five Years (Mayday Parade)
I don't remember why I listened to this song so much this week. I don't remember specifically listening to it that week. But apparently, I did.
"I swear that you don't have to go."
"When this is over, don't blow your composure baby."

September 10 - September 16
The Way She Feels (Between The Trees)
Bad week.
I missed the Rocket Summer/Sherwood/ TAI show on the 16th.
My parents were lame.
School was lame.
Bad week.

My last.fm stopped working until the week of
October 22 - October 28
Remembering Sunday (All Time Low)
This is one of the best songs I have heard all year. It is yet another song that I fell inlove with the first time I heard it. I remember the first time I listened to So Wrong It's Right in September, this song stood out among the others. It was just so much better. It was different from the other songs on the album.
This was the week Cassie, Liv, and I saw All Time Low and Boys Like Girls at the acoustic performance at Silver Platters.
"I'm not coming back, I've done something so terrible. I'm terrified to speak but you'd expect that from me. I'm mixed up. I'll be blunt. Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair and out of my mind. Keeping an eye on the world. From so many thousands of feel off the ground. I'm over you now, I'm at home in the clouds, towering over your head."
Some of my favorite lyrics ever right there.

October 29 - November 4
Remembering Sunday (All Time Low)
Again.

November 5 - November 11
Stars & Boulevards (Augustana)
This is the week that I got all the sweet Augustana bootlegs.

November 19 - November 25
Boston (Augustana)
Specifically, it was the San Diego version.
Pure amazingness.
"It's gonna be alright, gonna be alright. Tomorrow, I'm coming home."

November 26 - December 2
Love Song (Sara Bareilles)
The first time I heard this song, I loved it.
It was the day after Thanksgiving. I came downstairs and turned on VH1. This video was on and I couldn't really change the channel. I just loved something about it.
"You are not what I thought you were."






I wonder what my song will be this week.
I think it might be Tisbury Lane.
But we'll see what happens.
<3

3 Comments:

Blogger Quinn said...

Haha.
gotta love last.fm

to bad my computer in my room with all my music doesn't have the internet :(

I wish I could still keep up with mine, but i'm glad I introduced someone too it that really appreciates it.

Wow, you got on stage with the frey?
that's intense.
I can only imagine what you where thinking, total nirvana maybe?

Peace,
Quinn

10:32 PM  
Blogger Rachel. said...

"A thousand miles seems pretty far. But they've got planes and trains and cars. I'd walk to you if I had no other way. Our friends would all make fun of us but we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way."


it's weird how i heard that song for the first time like, two years previous to when it got huge. but the first times that i heard it, it meant so much to me. especially that part up there, it makes me sad now. that part. cause yeah.. i enjoyed reading this juliaaaaaaaa. you're pretty amazing at life.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

remarkable.
true story.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home