Wednesday, September 02, 2009

smile fades in the summer

So I guess summer's over now even though I don't start at Western for a few weeks. This has possibly been the fastest summer of my life. Ever since the whole "Marytour" miniature tour thing went down, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. The way I felt when we were doing that was just... that's just really how things should be. July 17th was the best day of my summer. I was in a foreign place and I was home. I have never in my life seen stars like I saw that night. I wish I could relive July 3rd, seeing Ace and finally meeting Serg and they played Decoration and how the Dangerous Summer almost crashed at my house... haha. The drive to and home from Nevada, being seatmates with Ryan... that was a bonding experience. I still can't really believe that I met Andrew McMahon. I can't really believe that anything about that day was real. It was worth waiting for. Nothing about this summer really compared to last summer for me, other than meetin Andrew and seeing Augustana like that. Last year I just felt different. The end of August and all of September were good for me last year. I hope these last few weeks at home go okay. I've got a mental list of things to do for myself before I leave. I can't say I'm exactly excited to live in Bellingham yet, but I keep telling myself that once I get adjusted, I'll love it there. Honestly, I still feel pretty bad about it. I've started lying to people again.
If I were to compose a soundtrack of my summer, this would probably be it:
Twenty Years (ft. David Immergluck) - Augustana
You Are My Face - Wilco
Limousine (MS Rebridge) - Brand New
Drugs - Weatherbox
Five Years Time - Noah and the Whale
Up All Night (Frankie Miller Goes to Hollywood) - Counting Crows
Caring is Creepy (acoustic) - The Shins
I am Trying to Break Your Heart - Wilco
Cannibal Queen - Miniature Tigers
Watch the Sky - Something Corporate
Dear Prudence - The Beatles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home