Wednesday, June 01, 2011

I've got to tell you, Sasquatch was mostly just exhausting this year. All those goddam headlining bands made me so nostalgic and I know you probably wouldn't believe it but I've had the nostalgia under control these days! I would love to live 17 all over again but that won't happen so I'm just trying to work on forward motion! I wish I could hear those songs without wanting to close my eyes and pretend for a second that I've got that security back and that carelessness and sensitivity. Traveling, swallowing, Dramamine. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not nice to feel warm inside with people who don't care if you're there or not or to sit and observe from the outside or tell a lie to the big guys who think they have authority or to have a boy tell you he's glad to be sitting alone with you in the dark when you've only said six words to each other in the last ten minutes. But it's exhausting to not be able to balance all these things! I think most people can balance these things. All I know is it's nice when you're the only one awake in the back seat and the stars are out in the mountain passes and you've got the breakfast cereal this kid in the front seat gave you and you decide his shitty music isn't as intolerable as you thought it was and then you stop for gas and wonder what would happen if you didn't deny it when the guy working the graveyard shift asks if you're living your dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home