One week ago, I was talking with the stranger sitting next to me on the flight back from Los Angeles. I won't lie, he was cute. I've noticed I get seated next to cute boys about 50% of the time I'm sitting alone on a plane and I'm horrible at starting conversation so I never talk to them. But this one started talking to me before I even sat down. He gave me some pretty simple advice and I've been thinking about it ever since. I think we had a lot in common and I wish I had his name. Boy from Florida via Michigan, find me.
On another subject, YOU showed up in my dreams again a couple nights ago. I wasn't nervous. It's never like that in real life. I was organizing something in the dream. I miss running into you in random places and I'm just hoping so bad that spring will keep you ever close again. It's really my only chance and I know you're really happy now and you have what you told me you wanted two years ago but I just miss the way you made me feel and think.
And on one more new subject, last night I remembered where I was one year ago. I remembered staying up in the garage pacing around trying not to freeze while I listened to your insomniac ramblings. Your details that made me feel embarrassed and my shaky voice and the things that made me smile. I guess we've come a long way, in the wrong direction. I know you don't miss me but I guess I just wish you did, just a little. I wish you wondered if I was okay. You really left me when I was pretty low and I wonder why you don't wonder if I've been better.
I'm so anxious for this summer. I'm starting to get excited for the future. It has to be better than this. I need to move around, I need to travel so much. I hate coming back here and staying here. I can't take this weather, I can't take this rain anymore. Most of the magic just leaves when you spend your time alone.
On another subject, YOU showed up in my dreams again a couple nights ago. I wasn't nervous. It's never like that in real life. I was organizing something in the dream. I miss running into you in random places and I'm just hoping so bad that spring will keep you ever close again. It's really my only chance and I know you're really happy now and you have what you told me you wanted two years ago but I just miss the way you made me feel and think.
And on one more new subject, last night I remembered where I was one year ago. I remembered staying up in the garage pacing around trying not to freeze while I listened to your insomniac ramblings. Your details that made me feel embarrassed and my shaky voice and the things that made me smile. I guess we've come a long way, in the wrong direction. I know you don't miss me but I guess I just wish you did, just a little. I wish you wondered if I was okay. You really left me when I was pretty low and I wonder why you don't wonder if I've been better.
I'm so anxious for this summer. I'm starting to get excited for the future. It has to be better than this. I need to move around, I need to travel so much. I hate coming back here and staying here. I can't take this weather, I can't take this rain anymore. Most of the magic just leaves when you spend your time alone.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home