cat piano
I'm going to take a break from studying for finals to write this blog. I'm in that mood where I feel sort of overwhelmed but really calm at the same time and I start realizing things and appreciating things. Right now, I just want to be home. Usually at any given time, I would tell you that I wish I was in San Francisco or in New York City or Boston or Santorini or Seattle or Tokyo or Paris or Memphis or something. Right now, the only place I really want to be is Shelton. Wow. Right? It doesn't even feel like Christmas here. I feel like I'm missing out. I'm so close, though. Just a few more days.
All day I've been listening to calming music and working on my notecards for econ and procrastinating here and there and it's been pretty alright. It's freezing outside. Actually, it's below freezing. I'm not sure that it was above freezing all day. I took my Art 109 final and I feel like it went okay.
The other day I was remembering this summer when we were in Nevada for SSP, there was this night where we went around to different stations in our work groups and one of them was over on the side of the school where we were staying. We were looking out at the hills in the distance and I remember the moon started coming up as we were standing there. At this station, we were supposed to pick one word to yell at the top of our lungs that sums up something that's been on our minds a lot lately, it could be good or bad. We all stood in a line and one at a time, we yelled our word as the others just yelled as loud as they could. No one could make out what anyone else was saying and it was probably one of my favorite things about that week. It was a good release for the time being. I could use a few good, healthy releases. Maybe I'll tell a couple more stories from that week in the next month or so. Maybe I'm telling stories to nobody. I'm not sure if anyone still reads this. I'm not sure if I still want anyone to still read this.
That was a good week, I felt alive and I was out living and being with people I really like to be around. It was a confusing week in some ways, but it was good. I always like experiences like that more in retrospect.
I think winter is turning into my second favorite season. Maybe it's still third but I'm definitely finding a stronger appreciation for it. Or for the idea of it.
I wish I had a way with words.
All day I've been listening to calming music and working on my notecards for econ and procrastinating here and there and it's been pretty alright. It's freezing outside. Actually, it's below freezing. I'm not sure that it was above freezing all day. I took my Art 109 final and I feel like it went okay.
The other day I was remembering this summer when we were in Nevada for SSP, there was this night where we went around to different stations in our work groups and one of them was over on the side of the school where we were staying. We were looking out at the hills in the distance and I remember the moon started coming up as we were standing there. At this station, we were supposed to pick one word to yell at the top of our lungs that sums up something that's been on our minds a lot lately, it could be good or bad. We all stood in a line and one at a time, we yelled our word as the others just yelled as loud as they could. No one could make out what anyone else was saying and it was probably one of my favorite things about that week. It was a good release for the time being. I could use a few good, healthy releases. Maybe I'll tell a couple more stories from that week in the next month or so. Maybe I'm telling stories to nobody. I'm not sure if anyone still reads this. I'm not sure if I still want anyone to still read this.
That was a good week, I felt alive and I was out living and being with people I really like to be around. It was a confusing week in some ways, but it was good. I always like experiences like that more in retrospect.
I think winter is turning into my second favorite season. Maybe it's still third but I'm definitely finding a stronger appreciation for it. Or for the idea of it.
I wish I had a way with words.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home