Thursday, November 19, 2009

So cover this warm night, in a blanket of starlight

Every time it gets to that part in Washington Square where Dan comes in on the harmonica, it takes me back in the biggest way. All of a sudden I'm just THERE and it's dark out and I'm sitting on our blanket in the grass with my sister and I'm wearing that blue dress that I lost for the month of August and the wind is picking up a little. It's a warm breeze, but I put on my Augustana shirt I bought at merch that night even though I'm a little worried I'll look stupid putting a shirt over my dress. The lights from the stage are so bright. Adam's over-acting isn't even annoying, everything about the evening is beautiful and perfect and happy. All these people who I can't figure out just make me feel happy because I can tell that they are so genuinely happy. I'm there and I put on that shirt and the bugs don't seem to be coming out as bad as they were before the sun set and I don't want to go home. I don't want to go home and I don't even want to go to that cabin on the river. But The Circus is closer to being over and done with for us than it has been so far, we considered just driving to California, I wish we could. No one wants to leave The Circus. I left that night feeling like Lucy Hardwicke and the stars were brighter than I've ever seen them in my life. Dear Prudence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home