There’s nothing like watching TV all night underground
I miss having someone to talk to late, late, late at night. That's what I just realized, that it's not YOU I miss so much as just the company in general. Someone who's interested and interesting and thoughtful and equally as selfish as I am. Every time I talk to you, I tell myself it'll be the last time so I'll stop pretending last night or the night before or whenever that was will be the last time. We were friends, it's fine if we talk. It doesn't have to be the same. Let's just keep growing and changing and living these lives of ours, right? I hope you get things figured out for yourself. It sounds a little bit like you're living where I was last year, in my head.
But I miss that, those late, late nights on school nights and weekends at home, in hotels, and in other people's garages and bathrooms. That shakiness through my entire body, my legs and jaw especially, that came back for a visit the other night. Those words that you just have to say before you think it through and hold them back. That late night honesty is hard to come by, I think.
But I miss that, those late, late nights on school nights and weekends at home, in hotels, and in other people's garages and bathrooms. That shakiness through my entire body, my legs and jaw especially, that came back for a visit the other night. Those words that you just have to say before you think it through and hold them back. That late night honesty is hard to come by, I think.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home