Today I was at work and I realized I've read way more this year than I usually do. Very Far was Palm Springs and listening to Page France, that book was short but it hit home so hard. Raise High was Kurt's house and time alone to really understand things and appreciate things. Sisterhood Everlasting was a weekend with people I love and a week alone with my old best friends who live in my head. I wish I hadn't had to read that book alone, that one hit home in a way that gives you a stomach ache. The Help was everyday after work laying out in the backyard listening to The Byrds station and spending time with my parents. Extremely Loud distracted me from being back in Bellingham and being alone. Perks is the old friend you can always count on (wow how cheesy) but it was still the same even though I haven't read it in its entirety in four years (oh my god am I old now? that's a whole other blog post). Submarine is disappointing so far because let's face it after you read Perks, nothing is quite that good.
Now I'm going to sort things out and clear my mind and start going for more walks and keep reading and I've GOT to start eating better but let's just take this one thing at a time. I'm going to save more money and declare my major and then it will be Thanksgiving before I know it. For now, 90's music and Boy Meets World commentaries and blurry eyes and hey maybe some studying. A little less self destruction this month, eh?? October betrayed me but November's gonna be the pick me up from here on out.
- Very Far Away From Anywhere Else
- Franny & Zooey
- Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters
- Sisterhood Everlasting
- The Help
- Just Kids
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
- Then I reread Perks of Being a Wallflower because it's an autumn book
- Now I'm reading Submarine


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home